Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The anniversary of coffee and a threat

So one year ago today I cornered Scott at a National Coney Island. Over the scariest cup of coffee he's ever had in his life, after months of refusing to be committed to anyone in any sort of long term relationship, I gave him the "it's now or never buddy" and like a scared little man who didn't know what else to do but sip and nod...he agreed.

I asked him this morning if he could have imagined then where we'd be now and he said "I would have run screaming" which is ALWAYS a positive indication of your relationship. Dork.

Because I'm feeling mushy I'll just come out and say that he's my other half. He believes in me and things that I don't even believe I'm capable of. He's brilliant and adorable and I can't imagine being anywhere but here with him. However, I might just be feeling this way due to the enormous mound of pancakes he made this morning for breakfast but whatever. Love is love.

I got tickets for free cocktails on Friday at the zoo of all places. For some reason I was surprised just because I dont think the family center of a zoo is the optimal place to be handing our free cocktails. Three beers later people can be seen waving hotdogs at the bears in their cages or danging their children over the polar bear tanks and it just sounds like a poor idea to me. However, I do think I'll be going mainly because I can't pass up the opportunity to drink AND impersonate the penguins at the same time and I feel with a beer in my hand, I'll get less crazy stares.

Later, if i don't get eaten by a hippopotamus. (Watch the discovery channel...those things mean business)

No comments: