Monday, June 21, 2010

Best Friends Forever...Especially When I Need Fashion Advice

Today is one of my best friend's, Kelley's, birthday. She is 27. She's going to send me some sort of horrified message through email today about how I told the world her age, but I don't care. She's sassy and smart and beautiful and talented and the world should know that today is in recognition of her.

May 26th was my other best friend's, Beth's, birthday. She is 26. She is also sassy and smart and beautiful and talented. Recently, I've realized, I only associate with the fabulous. It makes every day run much more smoothly.

I just wanted to take a moment to say without them, who knows exactly who I would turn to at the end of everyday for whatever it is I may need.

Lord knows that Kelley has taken one too many "What kind of shoes do I buy with this??" phone calls at inappropriate times of the day. She knows how to bake and cook and drink all at the same time, which is quite a feat, let me tell you. She can take any task and make it look easy, like you're over thinking it when, really, she's just a genius and we're just all a bunch of dummies. She can find the humor amongst sadness. She can find beauty in destruction. She taught me how great wine and cheese together are. She taught me how to embrace myself.



Beth, on the other hand, can turn something funky and old into beautiful and new because she's just that creatively talented. She can paint and sing and dance, though she downplays her skills so much so that you would never know what lies beneath that serene face that listens quietly when you cry at Pei Wei over the mess that is your life. She can play sports like a dude. She can play video games like a dude. She can make calories disappear in the most fabulous tasting food. She can find hope in chaos. She can hear my thoughts. She taught me that wherever I might be, whatever I might be doing,I'm never alone.



Happy Birthday, my best friends. Thank you for all you do.


And please forgive me for the horrible pictures I just posted of you on the internet.

1 comment:

Kell said...

ummm....perhaps the best birthday present of my life. ever. heart you beyond words my darling.