Friday, July 25, 2008

James Patterson is a Hack

Why do old men think that they can do whatever they want? I mean, I see this on a regular basis. My father, though he's not like ancient, is approaching the relative term of "old" in age and is convinced he looks like a stallion and that it's practical for him to be walking around on roofs still, cleaning out gutters and what not. Ridiculous.

I see old men customers at work who think I.D. and verification of who they are simply because they're crazy ass old are not necessary. Being old and being male does not make you invincible. Or a rocket scientist.
James Patterson is one of these crazy old men. I don't know if he thinks he's the next Nicholas Sparks or what, but do not under any circumstance pick up a copy of his "Sunday's at Tiffany's" and think it will be any good, because it's not. It blows. I can only assume that he thought to himself "I need to get into the psyche of the female mind...a single, female living in New York...I know, I'll watch ONE EPISODE OF SEX AND THE CITY and that's all I need". He names drops things like Matthew Mcconaughey and Jimmy Choo and suddenly...what....he thinks hes encaptured a woman? His writing style is juvenile, mediocre at best....he tries to be hip by using lingo and starting off chapters like entries to a journal. It just annoys me. The man is making a fortune because he's good at writing murder mysteries...Kiss the Girls, 3rd Degree, whatever and suddenly he decides he wants to write cheesy poof tales and people eat them up. Why? They suck. Don't do it. My first ever book review and it was a rant like a lunatic. Super.

Speaking of Matthew Mcconaughey, he got boat loads of crazy eh? Pick up a copy of his interview put in thesuperficial.com....he talks about how the birth of his baby was like a tribal dance of some kind and they were 'jammin' and the only pictures i ever see of him these days are him running all over the beach like some surfer with no life and it's just bizarre. What happened to old matthew? To "How to lose a guy" matthew? Now he's just a nut with a kid. OH and to top it all off his brother is even crazier. His son's name is something retarded like Miller Lyte and the last picture i saw of him pictured a two year old with a giant red afro of hair. Special. The McConaughey's are nuts.

Alright, drunken zoo time. Plus Scott went and did the grocery shopping today, cleaned the apartment AND is making dinner. I'm lucky to have him and not a guy like the loser who lives across the street. Tonight, as we were coming inside we heard him yell, probably from his reclining chair in front of "The Price is Right", "You better not touch my Tv Dinner!".
Priceless.

No comments: