Thursday, March 05, 2009

Let's write about something that matters

I know. I just blogged and for that I'm sorry and don't expect any of you to read the following rant. I'm just pissed and since I don't have a lot outlets and I don't feel like strangers will take kindly to me approaching them at my local Starbucks while screaming out random, "It's just not fair!", this is what I got and you have to deal with me. Deal.

An arrest warrant was issued for Omar Al-Bashir yesterday by the ICC for war crimes and crimes against humanity but they couldn't find sufficient evidence to prosecute him for genocide.

First of all...are you fucking kidding me? Sufficient evidence COULDN'T BE FOUND? Hey, how about you explore some of those mass graves he's been digging to dump bodies by the hundreds in so that he can adjust the rising death toll of his country by the hundred thousands?

Perhaps you'd like to interview one of the many sudanese janjaweed soldiers who have come forward recently to talk about how their participation in the destruction of towns, not to mention innocent young girls, was because instruction involved the motto "kill or be killed".

And I mean, really, if you want to get vocal about it you could ask someone like George Clooney or Mia Farrow. That's right...George Freakin' Clooney has seen genocide first hand but the ICC can't find sufficient evidence?

I am so beside myself I don't even know what to say. Hey, here's the best part. The ICC doesn't have backed support by major countries yet. You know...like The U.S. or China, the two countries with the most powerful influence on a country like Sudan. ON TOP OF THAT...the majority of their arrests are all still fugitives!

SO hmm.....if I were in the ICC, what would i do? I know!

Game plan time: I would issue an arrest warrant for one of the wildest monster's the world has seen since Hitler himself. You know, just to piss him off.

Because I know I don't have the man power to go in there and get him...because I know that his country won't turn him over...because I know that two huge countries I might need help from to pull this off aren't going to do squat because they don't support me. ALready this plan is going to go GREAT I can tell.

THEN I'll just sit back and watch while this awakened beast finds his inner rage and pulls 13 world wide volunteer programs from his country to spite his arrest warrant. 4 of which the WFP rely on to provide food to 1.1 million people daily in that country alone.


As of today 91000 people missed out on a meningitis vaccine. And as of tomorrow, another 1.1 million individuals won't eat the meager 800 calories a day of food stuff that tastes like paste but is all they have to survive off of until finally, not a single living soul will be found in the region of Darfur.

And maybe then you'll have your sufficient proof of genocide, hey ICC?

No comments: