Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hibernation

Please observe my sister:

Yes, that's her in the pile of innumerable (that's a word, right?) comforters and blankets along with the cat. This picture was taken at exactly 12:20 p.m. after I came back from the grocery store.

I don't mean to brag but I've been up since 6:30. I've made and drank eight cups of coffee. I've taken a shower. Done some homework. Cleaned my room. Surfed the entire website of Etsy.com. (Bought a really cute laptop bag). Bought all the ingredients for worms and dirt to make with my campers tomorrow morning. I've even let the dogs out once to pee and have a drink of water from the toilet NO SMALL FEAT I MIGHT ADD YOU'RE WELCOME MOM.

And she has slept through ALL OF IT. Not even like "hey, I'm up to have a pancake and back to snooze." Seriously, sleeping. I sang along to Leeann Rimes in the shower this morning at my peak vocal capabilities (high soprano, DUH) and still, nothing.

And all I'm saying is that this is no different from yesterday and I would bet my entire book collection...the ESSENCE OF MY SOUL...that this will occur again tomorrow. So help me God, if she goes back to school this fall and begins her "What I Did This Summer" essay with anything but the sentence "Slept as much as possible without being in a drug-induced coma" I will march straight here from Kalamazoo and rip that Hello Kitty pencil from her clutches. Then, I will snap one of those nose covering masks over her face representing the major role she could play in Pinocchio and scream out at the top of my lungs "COOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAA" leaving an entire classroom full of eleventh graders awestruck.
Because, that too, will be in high soprano.