Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Conversation with my Mother

Mom: "Ok I have to go. I got a concussion last night walking the dogs and it's causing me a lot of pain now."

Me: "Oh....uh, alright. Talk to you later."

Mom: "Sounds good. Oh and if I die and we can't talk later...well...then goodbye."

Me: "Really?"

Mom: "What?"

Me: "Those are your last words for me? If this is the end...goodbye?"

Mom: "What do you want from me?"

Me: "I don't know. ANYTHING but that?"

Mom: "Fine. If this is the end, please...I don't know, take care of your sister."

Me: "Awesome. Will do."

Mom: "Oh and the dogs."

Me: "The dogs that are the cause of your imminent death? Sure, no problem."

Mom
: "I don't know what I'm supposed to tell you. I'm running out of time, I'm in pain, I have to go now."

Me: "Seriously, this sucks. At least tell me I get your jewelry, something!"

Mom: "You already get all my life insurance, it's in your name."

Me: "No shit...seriously?"

Mom
: "I'm going now."

Me
: "That is SO MUCH BETTER than your crappy ass jewelry."

Mom: "Love you too Ash. Bye."

End Scene.