Saturday, November 21, 2009

I carry your hearts with me

I'm busy. You're getting all "um, did you forget you have a blog?" and I'm like, "Dude, seriously, I just graded 58 papers on The Great Depression, I'm BUSY."

So I'm back for a moment and really the reason makes me almost ashamed. I was perusing ModCloth.com and they have this blogtastic contest going on right now for Thanksgiving where if you mention them and the people you're most thankful for in your life, you win some gift cards and I was like "I freakin' LOVE free stuff" but then I wanted to stick my whole, giant size nine "We call you Big Bird behind your back" foot in my mouth because, HELLO, giving thanks shouldn't be about getting. It should simply be about giving.

So here goes. I'm most thankful for my girls. I mean, yes, I love my family and my other friends and all the little blessings in my life but if someone were to pull me off the streets and ask me what helps me through the day, right AFTER I said "grilled cheese sandwiches" it would totally be my girls.

I love Beth and Kelley with a love that should be illegal. I honestly don't think I could survive without you. And I mean that because it wouldn't be surviving if you weren't around. It wouldn't even be living. It would be force fed, constantly state of monotonous couch sitting that people would come from miles around to see as I accumulate cobwebs in my ears that my mother was swabbing out when she remembered I was still sitting there. It would mean a machine that chewed for me. No more hair combing EVA. It would be "I'll never have another grilled cheese in my life again if I can just have them back" type of prayer around the clock.

You help me breathe. You help me succeed. You help me believe. You make my life better. Scratch that. You are my life.

I'm thankful for your souls.

And I'm totally taking you shopping if I win this Modcloth business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you like i loved watching new moon, which might sound like an insult to someone who doesn't know me, but in fact it's a terribly awesomely large amount. love love!! kell