Friday, April 03, 2009

Highlight of my day

Today at work I had the most ridiculous conversation with a two year old named Christian. It went as such:

Christian: Is that your coffee?
Me: Yup.
Christian: Can I have your coffee?
Me: No, coffee is for big people.
Christian: Big people?
Me: Well, for adults.
Christian: You're big?
Me: Uh...I mean, I'm not huge or anything. I'm bigger than you, if that's what you're getting at.
Christian:....You're big?
Me: Please stop saying that kid. I meant to say I'm an adult. I'm older than you, yeah, that's better. Older, not bigger. Compared to other people my age I'm of average size, though, I think. Well, not compared to girls, I guess compared to some girls I'm taller than most, but not by a lot. Like, Heidi Klum has got some inches on me. Not that I look anything like Heidi Klum either. But I'd like to. Do you know who she is?
Christian:....(crickets, blank stare)
Me: So that's a no?
Christian: Is that your coffee?

The next time one of you find me staring longingly across the room at a small child making the "I want a baby face" can you PLEASE remind me that I'm retarded with them? Thanks.

confusing one baby soul at a time,
ash

p.s. nyc09 post to come. excited? I can feel it!