Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And then I sobbed uncontrollably

I can't tell if I absolutely love this template or am just feeling...Christmasy...Whatever. I'm keeping it for now. I'm tired of freaking you, my faithful few, out with my weird eyeballed layouts. Plus, it's difficult to look through them all. Because there are billions to choose from, many of which don't have working buttons and such. God I'm tired just thinking about.

Besides, the real reason I'm posting tonight is because I just got Randy Pausch's "The Last Lecture" this weekend from a used bookstore and I TOLD myself I couldn't read any of my new books until some stuff got taken care of but then I was all, 'man what am I gonna do during prep hour while subbing today?' and so I grabbed it off my shelf and brought it with me never thinking that the hour I spent reading it would be the hour THAT CHANGED MY LIFE.

First of all friends, where the F were you on this one? No one's heard of this book before? No one could recommend to me, their avid reader friend and general sap of society who would pay for a good cry if given the opportunity??? It's AMAZING. I was subbing! I was substituting and kids were coming in the room all, "What is up with the sub? Why is she sobbing like that?! Someone get the woman a tissue for crying out loud, don't startle her."

The entire day was spent with really confused kids sitting in silence intermittently broken up by my outlandish sniffling. Thanks Randy Pausch. That was meant to be sarcastic and yet, truly, thank you. For living or dying, I'm not quite sure. Maybe just for letting me be a part of both.
Subbing again tomorrow. Am bringing an entirely different genre of reading material for my prep hour, even if I have to resort to Anime or Sudoku Puzzles from the DFP.