Thursday, June 25, 2009

I should have gone to summer camp

I have approximately ninety-seven mosquito bites on one leg alone. I'm tan/sunburnt in all the wrong places and patches, none of which is even and I kind of resemble someone with the flesh eating bacteria...gross. I'm sweaty always and dirty and my tennis shoes are falling apart. I am a teacher for a summer camp and I am freaking LOVING IT.

Why the F didn't I go to summer camp as a kid?? Seriously, what was I thinking? "Lemonade, biking, running around with friends....art projects, picnics, dodgeball...NOOO those aren't for me, I'll just stay home and watch Where in the World is Carmen San Diego like a LOSER."

It's a good thing I've recently been given the opportunity to basically do my childhood over again in twelve weeks of my adult life. This week we did Karate, a beach scene mural and played in a giant sprinkler for two hours. Today? A picnic and a hike where i will inevitably get 97 MORE mosquito bites. Bring it on. I hear we're packing juice boxes and I am pumped. wish me luck.