Sunday, July 26, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

And I buckled. I came across this little gem on the internet early this morning and since I was still in a sleeping-pill-induced-coma-like-did-i-really-just-have-a-dream-about-scott-baio-and-a-peacock kind of state, I saw this dress and was all "Oh sweet Jesus, how did I live without this before?"

You know what the problem with women and shopping is, don't you? It's the daydream. The point where you come across a beautiful piece of fabric or great heel and before you can say "cease and desist spontaneous combustion" your mind has wandered to the perfect event to wear that exact thing. Like this dress. I saw it and said to myself,
"That would be the perfect thing to wear in Tokyo. Like, if I were there with my husband(HA) and had my long hair (which I don't have) pinned up all messily and was sporting some really great low heeled boots (which I also don't have) and we sipped saki (which I hate) from the balcony of our incredibly expensive hotel right before we went out for sushi and karaoke with his business partners. I have to have this, clearly."

So if, in fact, you come across me in the near future wearing this dress trying to awkwardly act like I bought it specifically for the bat mitzvah we're attending together please do us both a huge favor. Bid me a friendly "konichiwa" and be on your way. The dream is always better than the reality.