Monday, May 10, 2010

I Think This Is Called A Crush!

I cannot get ENOUGH of this Matt Wertz kid. Seriously, I stalked both my local Target, Meijer AND Walmart and cannot, for the life of me, find his album. Pandora mocks me frequently with how awesome he is by getting all "Oh, you want someone a little like John Mayer? How about my new friend, Mr. Wertz? Have ya heard of him? Look at how dreamy he is. You like that white jacket? Isn't he a dream boat??! New song, you say? WHY NOT MORE MATT??" until I'm humming his stuff in my sleep or to my coworkers who are all "What IS that noise?" and I'm all "The copy machine, obviously, singing Over You by Matt Wertz. Weird, eh?"

While I finally found his album on Amazon, here, I hate to admit that I've been so anti-everyone else this week. Like, I refuse to see another artist on my Pandora Playlist because I just can't bear to cheat on this poor boy so early into our relationship. Really, I blame this all on my hormones. I'm clearly out of control with the crushing and the pms and the screaming and crying over music at the drop of a hat.

So because it has been such a rough week, I've just been looping this kid's musical nonsense over and over again when I came across a radio show he did for Live 100 for a Haiti benefit with his pal Dave Barnes who is equally delicious. Crap, I mean talented.

I came across this song, by Dave Barnes, in one of my lowest points this week. Probably right around the peanut butter, chocolate chip ice cream midnight snack fest, but just after the unprovoked crying from watching a tender moment during The Little Chocolatiers.

Christ, I'm a mess. You will honestly listen to this song and say to yourself "OH BARF gag, blah blah blah, guitar and sappy lovey-slow songs, is this from a Disney movie?!" and to that I would say, yes. Yes it is. From the continual Disney classic playing in my heart about a young girl in a land far, far away who was so in love with a musician that she was almost inappropriate about it.
Alright, fine.
She was inappropriate about it.

AND EMBRACED IT.

No comments: