Sunday, May 02, 2010

What I Used To Want To Be

It's funny to think back today about what I used to want to be so many years ago. Actually, not even that many years ago in the grand scheme of life timelines.

It was only two years ago that I thought I was going to be an audiologist...two years before that I was obsessed with a kid in the majority of my classes with a great set of curly hair and a terrible smoking habit.

Two years before that I didn't even have my current best friends as close as they currently are today, no matter how many miles between us that, when I think about living without them, I find it hard to breathe.

And two years before that I was a young girl who just got her braces off, heading off to college with a monkey alarm clock in tow, because it reminded me so much of my childhood and I wasn't ready to leave that behind yet.
One thing that I have to admit has stayed constant is my taste in music. I guess what I mean is that songs I loved ten years ago are still songs that make me smile in the car today and that I look for similar artists, new artists...artists that remind me of who I used to be and who I still am.

And knowing that, I refuse to judge this poor boy named Matt Wertz who, according to his bio, wanted to be a shoe designer before he got to college and began strumming this beautiful, beautiful guitar. .

1 comment:

kell said...

THE MONKEY ALARM CLOCK!!!! HOW could i ever forget that rat bastard?!?! And yet, i did. until today. :)