Saturday, February 28, 2009

Relax

I'm alive. I know you were all very worried. However, fear not because I'm up and moving and even though I've only showered once in the last week and resemble the crypt keeper more than myself, I'm still me.

So surgery went very well, from what I remember. I mean, I recall being extremely nervous and every body coming in one after the other to tell me everything would be fine and yet, they also kept asking me my name and my birthdate which only led me to believe that no one knew who the hell I was. THAT is not very comforting when you're about to be cut open. Also, they made me wear some crazy tight socks and a very ugly hair net but ugly attire aside, it went off without a hitch.
So I slept. I don't remember the moment I woke up when I almost choked on my toast. I don't remember giving my mother directions home when she clearly should have been using the Garmin instead. I don't even remember Scott helping me inside or much of the ride back to Detroit. I've been in a haze of medicine but it's been good.

OH. So one interesting thing that happened was my doctor like tied my ovary to my stomach wall. Apparently, the doctor had to do a lot of cutting inside and so when he went to put everything back where it belonged, he couldn't because it would heal in these freshly cut areas and....stick. Gross. So, instead, he like created a loopy harness for my ovary and lifted it up and tied it to my stomach wall with a stitch that came OUTSIDE my body and was tied in place.
With a button. Like, a coat button. Yes. And so I had to go to a different doctor yesterday and get that removed and she was obviously worried but she did it anyway and I am currently buttonless. At one point, however, I was being held together with buttons and string. Literally. And that's awesome.

Today? It's my only day really clean and coherent in town so I'm going to get a coffee and catch up with Linsey and then celebrate Trumble's birthday tonight at his brother's house. ALSO I'm super stoked because I got lost three times last time I drove home a few weeks ago trying to get to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Scott promised me yesterday that we could go tomorrow on the way back to Pitt. score.

Home officially March 16th. Beth and Matt came by last night with thai food and giggling (well, more Beth than Matt but we'll forgive him.) and it was obviously just a precursor to the wonderfulness that living within four miles of her will be. Outstanding.

No comments: