Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Wish For You: Volume 2

Yes, these posts are about eleven minutes apart. Just enough time for me to get a glass of water and watch the trailer for the new Karate Kid movie. Can I just say for about thirty seconds after watching it I was seriously going to nix my idea for my next wish and put down : Become a master in martial arts because it looks awesome. You know, in a totally 'movie for kids' way. Kind of. GOD I WISH I WAS JADEN SMITH.

Moving on. Yesterday was my first afternoon back at the daycare and while I began the morning excited and filled with anticipation at seeing all those adorable, tiny faces again I left at the end of the day filled with an odd sense of...I dunno....I can't quite put my finger on it but I believe I repeated "I'm never having children of my own EVER" several times because it was just that kind of afternoon.

During a particularly heated argument with a little one named Jack (aka Lucifer's Angel), it treaded into what I like to refer to as "showdown time" in which me and the child stand off across from one another and shout things back and forth because I've obviously lost all control of the situation, while the other children watch us like an illegal dog fight placing their playdough bets on this kid because, let's face it, he's quicker and smaller than I am and therefore, it's obvious where the win is going to end up. So we're really going at it with me saying things like "I TOLD YOU I WOULD LIKE YOU TO SIT ON YOUR BOTTOM PUH-LEASE AND I'M NOT GOING TO ASK YOU AGAIN!" and this child, this MANIACAL child with evil beady eyes looks back at me and screams out "I WILL NOT SIT ON MY BOTTOM I DON'T WANT TO AND I FORGOT TO TELL YOU EARLIER THAT YOUR BREATH IS STINKY!"

And for some reason, this leads me to my next wish.
My Wish For You Today #2: Health and Wellness

And really, you can apply this wherever it needs to be applied because no one knows better than you where you need health improvement. I know, especially now, that perhaps brushing after lunch will be a better all around choice for my personal hygiene so that perhaps no one calls me out in front of a group of five year olds in a heated argument and therefore no one will be able to call me "stinky face" the rest of the day. See? Now I know.

Take a look at what you need. Let's take my mother for example. The "I quit smoking and then started again in secret during an economic meltdown, the MOST inopportune time to begin paying five dollars a pack". She could probably say to herself, "My teeth might be fine after lunch but PERHAPS I SHOULD QUIT SMOKING.AGAIN." See how this works? A five year old humiliates me in front of twenty. I turn around and humiliate my giver of life in front of hundreds. Is this considered 'paying it forward' like Haley Joel Osment taught us to do in that movie? I THINK SOOOOOO.

Do yourself a favor. Get healthy. And buy your best friend a toothbrush.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seriously? You have found my secret smoking a point of interest??? LOL...Luv U!