Wednesday, December 02, 2009

"Never get married...or at least, if you do, buy a duplex"

I can't even put into words what it's like to have a conversation with 150 people ALL UNDER THE AGE OF 18 in one day. It's like speaking to brick walls of confusion.
Where the bricks stare back at you with questioning eyes and when you try and explain it further you're all "I just went over what that word meant...WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO?" and it's so freakin' obvious they've been trying to draw a penis on the neck of the person in front of them for the past eight and a half minutes and missed everything I just said but they can't seem to bring themselves to admit that, EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE NOT BLIND AND KNOW IT TO BE TRUE and so you stare at them and they stare back and no real words ever get exchanged.

Again, brick walls of confusion.

So I was ranting...seriously, ranting in the car to myself on the whole drive home with statements aloud to no one like,

"Don't tell me you'll do it for homework...what, like I give you time in class for my health?"
and

"No notes? I give you ONE homework assignment of taking NOTES and it's physically impossible for you to do that?!"
and my personal favorite,

"All my pens...gone. No one has a writing utensil...have stolen....ALL MY PENS."

And it was, of course, just then that I turn to my right at a stop light and see the most attractive individual just staring at me. That's right, staring at me while I talk to myself and no matter how much I smile and wave in my calmest, loveliest, I'm-not-crazy-really manner he just kind of looks horrified and pulls up his car the slightest bit so that we're no longer looking at one another.
You know, AKA THE CRAZY LADY BRUSH OFF.
And if just reminded me of this. And also, that I'll never date ever again in my current condition. Not even Mickey Fart Pants.

No comments: