Monday, December 14, 2009

The Public Education System has failed us:

"Macy's piano lessons begin the 21st of September. She has lessons for eight months. Which is the last month of her piano lessons?"

A. March
B. April
C. June
D. July

After much debate, I told Ryann to not answer this question and to please write next to it:
"This question is retarded" to which she promptly replied, "Ashley, I CAN'T write that" and thus, I leave it up to you to write to your governor and demand a FULL ACADEMIC REFUND on life.

Go ahead, what do you think the answer should be?


**Of course I would rant and rave and forget to put the right date in. Now, I look like less of an idiot. Let the critiqueing commence.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Unreal!

Wait - it's May, right? The correct answer is May. I've been counting on my fingers for like 10 minutes, and althought I haven't had my coffee yet I'm certain.

Anonymous said...

it IS May, because September does not count as she is beginning on the 21st of the month. This is what we're teaching in school? fo' real??