Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Greatest

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm pretty sure I like movie trailers more than the actual films. It's like being able to see whole films at their greatest parts without actually having to waste two hours of my life watching it.

Plus anytime anyone else wants to talk about movies coming out, whether or not I actually want to see it, I can pretend to be interested about it because, duh, I've watched the trailer.

"Oh, yeah, that crazy Leonardo DiCaprio film! Yeah I watched that trailer...kind of reminds me of a psychoanalytical thriller...I'm interested to see how his mind plays a separate entity to juxtapose his actual character."

(See what I did just there? Sounded like a genius to a stranger. In actuality, played the trailer and let out a giant "PTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHH" before going on to the trailer for the new Miley Cyrus film. Booyah, filmsies. Booyah.)

HOWEVER. Once upon a great while there comes a movie trailer that I can't help but live and breathe for and can't even explain why. It will get me to have the most bizarre thoughts too! Like after watching the trailer for the new Carey Mulligan film, The Greatest.

I literally finished watching the two and half minutes of footage and said out loud to no one "I wish that were me!"

I wish that were me?! Pregnant girl with a dead lover, living with people who hate her, even if it is set to a terrific soundtrack??!

I WISH THAT WERE ME?

That's how powerful this film feels. And you should watch it too. Cause I said so.

And then you will be all "That IS one hell of a song. Who plays it?"
And view that here:

And thus I have changed your life today, all with one blog post. And you didn't even have to watch the Miley Cyrus video trailer.

2 comments:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

JESUS that is intense.
Between "Remember Me" and this movie, I have a little thing going on with Pierce Brosnan. I'm just going to see where it takes me.