Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Overhearing The Absurd

Child 1: A meat eater??

Child 2: No, a METEOR!

Child 1: I love ham!

Child 2: I'm TALKING about SPACE.

Child 1: (scooting over as he speaks) You need some space?

And you would hope that my day's worth of ridiculous conversations ended at work, but unfortunately it did not.

Afton: (from her bedroom): Turn on channel 42!

Me: What are they making on the food network?

Afton: You'll see!

Me: This....this looks awful!

Afton: Keeping watching!

Me: But I don't even LIKE egg salad!

Afton: Then turn on 41!

Me: What is THIS?

Afton: I think it's West Side Story!

Me: I don't like this either....can't I just pick my own chann-

Afton: OOOH OOOH TURN ON CHANNEL 30!

Me: Oh, holy mother, what is this?

Afton: RuPaul's Drag Race!

Me: WIN!

Happy Birthday Mom.

No comments: