Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's A Two-fer

My brother Andrew has this best friend that he's been bringing round these parts for years. His name is Chad. If you haven't met him yet, it's probably only a matter of time before I post a picture of him unwillingly on the internet, passed out on my brother's bedroom floor clutching a stuffed monkey while wearing a ballerina tutu after a heavy night of fun. It just seems that whenever Andrew and him go out, those are the kinds of things they get into.

And are all "What? I don't even remember that" the next day when you're wondering why you have sixteen shells of hard boiled eggs on the kitchen counter and every last scrap of ham in the house has been eaten. I'll bet you don't remember that, you thievin' ham nappers of the night.

What's worse (and what my brother has revealed to me in many ways as his DIRE UNAPPRECIATION FOR THIS COMMENT I'M ABOUT TO MAKE) is that I've started watching Modern Family on ABC recently and every time I come across the gay couple with the Asian baby, I giggle to myself and have visions of Andrew and Chad's future life together with their own children. Like this:

because that's how it will happen. Except it won't be just one Asian adopted baby, but eight children of many ages between the two of them from failed relationships and they'll be all "we didn't buy enough hot dogs for this bunch, what will we do?!" and my mother will have to move in with them. That's a REAL modern family, folks.

and now I just wish my sister was a little more Columbian and Spanish speaking.
(I just commanded her to speak Spanish to me from the bathroom. She ended on Aye Carumba. I'll take it!)

1 comment:

kell said...

i love you. and i love modern family. i'm totally flying to michigan to watch THE SWITCH with you and Beth when it comes out ps.