Sunday, April 04, 2010

Black And White Dreams

Some of the best things in life come in Black and White.

Like Oreos. Or the actual cookie named "Black and White". Stars in a night sky. Newspapers full of interesting facts to bother people with on Sunday mornings and a whole crossword of pointless questions to ask those same people until they throw an empty mug of coffee at your head over the dining room table and announce "What's a four letter word for AGGRAVATION?"

Coincidentally, eyes can become shades of "black". Teeth, before getting knocked out of heads (as my mother so often threatens to do to our dogs) are white at one point or another.

Print on book pages. My cat, Midnight. Sentimental photographs. Lemurs. Penguins and Panda Bears!

And this dress. This idyllic dress that I stumbled upon on Modcloth today.

Which only reminds me that I've also never been invited to a Black and White Ball and that life is, ultimately, unfair in every way possible. That, of course, I will purchase this for all of it's overpriced wonder and put it on as soon as it arrives at my house and sit in it in the dark of my bedroom for hours on end with no where to go and no one to see and reenact a sort of "This my Prince/Red Carpet with Ryan Seacrest" moment that will never actually happen.

And I am just thankful that I don't dream in black and white. Dreaming of these things in color is so much better.

No comments: