Sunday, April 11, 2010

Karma Inducing Love

I realized the other day that while I endorse a lot of different things (great clothing, weird music, random boys walking to Miami) I never really do any follow up postings. That's actually very irresponsible of me. Of COURSE you want to know if I actually cried myself to sleep the night after I wore Black and White dress seen here. Of COURSE you want to know if the Easter Bunny will ever reappear in our psychotic household seen here and if Santa Claus is, just maybe, as hostile if not more so as E.B. can be.

I should get a slap on the hand for such ignorance. My readers have needs and I must meet them!

For some updates and perhaps a helpful reminder that love is always welcome, Jordan Dibb has made it all the way to Wisconsin so far with over six thousand people following his journey. You can too, here.

And if you feel like you need to do a little more recently for humanity than contributing a quarter in your local 7-11 for the missing children in exchange for a piece of candy, the Michigan Darfur Coalition raises $10,000 annually for the cause. And considering that Sudan's elections are next week and Omar Al-Bashir or some slime-ball predecessor will be elected because he runs a monopoly on the entire country, any and all contributions would be welcome. Action Against Hunger, as well as nine other major food and health contributors for people in need around the world, have had limited access to the country's regions in need for the last several months due to Al-Bashir's dictatorship.

And while I'm not typically political and all "Activist Ashley" I am a firm believer and advocate for a new game America should consider coming out with.

It's called "Whack-a-Dirty-Worldly-Politican" and resembles something like that gopher game with the mallets you can play at Chuck E. Cheez. Scott recommends I play it with the children I work with but I think this might be putting our talents to better use.

Be better. Love more. Help where you can.
And thank you for reading.

No comments: