Sunday, April 11, 2010

Take All The Time You Need

This past week my friend from Western, Amelia, got engaged to her long time boyfriend, Josh. The facebook wall posts that ensued were simply darling from all of her supportive friends. Lots of well wishes and high fives and people "liking" the fact that she posted this new change from "In a Relationship" to "Engaged".

And we were all happy for her.

I'm sorry, did I only mention Amelia here? I meant to mention my good friend Linsey as well, that I've known since Junior High. Oh and Mark, another good friend from college who also just made the big switch on FB even though he got engaged on New Years Eve. My friend Amanda and Kelley's sister Jamie just had babies. And oh, how adorable, my friend Kristen and her TWO BABIES and her HUSBAND are going to go VISIT all of these other people with all of their marrital/baby bliss and I'm not trying to complain or anything but I'm pretty sure that FACEBOOK IS TRYING TO GIVE ME AN ANEURYSM.

And that it is also the reason why I feel the need to drink heavily on a Tuesday. That little "So-and-So is now Married to your other friend, Equally Happy And Married So-and-So" is going to kill me one day at a time.

I'm not bitter. I just need a reminder that I can take my time. I don't need to be married and have babies tomorrow.
I just need everyone else to stop doing it so I don't feel so far behind.

1 comment:

kell said...

ohhh my honey. like momma said "you're just avoiding your first divorce!" and she MAY have been lying to make me feel better but i will roll with that response until it no longer suits me. because my world is rosy. and i can. plus...we can BORROW the babies and give them BACK when they'er poopy or fussy or we want to go shopping and drink wine all afternoon. :)