Sunday, April 04, 2010

Girlie Action

Because I'm a 'who reads me' stalker, last week I happened to notice that the media involved with One Eskimo that I posted about here, checked out my blog. Probably to make sure they didn't have to sue me for saying inappropriate things about real Eskimos, no doubt. Like how awful it is that they SEND THEIR OLD OUT TO SEA TO DIE ALONE.

Not that that has anything to do with the band. These are just some of the things people should think about, naturally, when naming their bands though. Backlash is bound to occur. This is why no one out there has named their band "Adolf's Regime" and, if there is, they're obviously not topping the charts (according to my latest edition of Rolling Stone). I'm not saying being an Eskimo is bad! Sure, it's cold and you're more than likely a resident of the great state of Alaska which means your political party members are sorely lacking...but maybe Eskimos can't vote? Crap...is my Eskimo historical and geographical information inaccurate? I'll bet they DON'T live in Alaska.

But I'll bet those old people stories are true. Shame, shame.

MOVING ON. I visited their website (and you can too at Girlie Action Media and Marketing) because I was curious as to who else they represented, and, surprise surprise, because I'm sheltered and know nothing about nobody, I didn't recognize a single name on their list EXCEPT...One Eskimo.

I have been digging around though and haven't been disappointed to say the least. In particular, this one chick named Gin Wigmore has caught my attention. I've listened to a few songs on Youtube and I can't really describe her voice...it's a bit raspy, a bit sarcastically Amy Winehouse, but with less booze obviously. I like it. Some of the music videos are, I'm not going to lie, a bit hard to watch. She looks like she has a neurological tick in one. I am intrigued though. I think I might even go see her in Royal Oak when she comes in late April.

Word of warning: total chick music, for all my dude readers who were waiting for more music fantasticalness this week. Fear not! I'm all over it and will have something just for you by Thurday. In the mean time, ladies, get the new cd and have your girlfriends over for some Cosmos and wreckless dancing in your living room while listening to this chick. She's pretty stinking amazing.

No comments: