Monday, February 08, 2010

Avett Brothers

There are very few things that could make today any better, short of being promoted to Queen of Ice Cream Taste Testing World Wide or being given the keys to heaven. (Heaven, in modern English is actually code for "Jeffrey Dean Morgan's drawers).

My best friend is great at cheering me up without even realizing it, though. She sent these fine gentlemen to my inbox on Friday of last week and I didn't even get a chance to listen to them until today, the day when new music is a must. I'm pretty sure that "The Ballad of Love and Hate" was written after watching me consume an entire tube of cookie dough. It's a fight of "I hate you, get away from me" combined with "dear, dear, cookie dough....how could we ever part again?" It's tragically accurate. Especially with lyrics like:

"Love has been waiting, patient and kind.
Just wanting a phone call or some kind of sign,
That the one that she cares for, who's out of his mind,
Will make it back safe to her arms."

It's the story of my life. COME ON COOKIE DOUGH. CALL ME BACK, PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE.

1 comment:

BETH! said...

OMG.

Google reader stopped updating you, so I didnt even see this!!! There are like 4 posts!!!!

I FEEL LIKE ITS CHRISTMAS.