Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Physical Retraint

Do you know how hard it has been not to blog about Pete Yorn thus far? What I mean is, really, do you know how hard it has been not to make Pete Yorn the music of the day every single day?

I got his latest album, 'Back and Fourth' (get it? Cause it's his FOURTH album? Pete, you kill me) and once it hit the cd player in my car it did not come out for three months and only at the urging of the children I sit for who were all "Ashley, we're four minutes from the psych ward and we're big enough to overpower you these days....Ryann's not a bad driver either" so, fine, it came out.

However, that doesn't mean I took him out of the Tape Deck of My Soul. I saw him live this summer and it took a lot of restraint not to ditch the friend I went with in an effort to hide out on Pete Yorn's tour bus and do the remaining leg of the tour from underneath his bed, gathering cracker crumbs he might drop on his way for survival.

Yes, this was an actual plan. I'm only a little ashamed to admit it now because, clearly, the better plan would have been to follow him in my own car and offer to do something helpful so that I would be indispensable and of value to him the rest of the time. Like, "Hey, I can hold that guitar for you...and would you like me to brush your hair?" You know, things that wouldn't creep him out.

All of my creepy-stalker-tendencies aside, I found this song off of another album and have found that the BEST way to listen to it is as loud as possible. Yes, that is my typical way of listening to things and yes, I will be deaf by the time I'm thirty five but really, I think that might be kind of convenient. If I did the math correctly, my future children will be at optimal whining age around then and you all will be, "God, I wish I were deaf" much like myself. Suckers.


1 comment:

Kell said...

omg that's from musicforthemorningafter!!! remember how EZ used to be on REPEAT in my room back in the days of glory when we were all under one adorable and delightfully smelling roof???? ugh...Pete...how i love you.