Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Do You Take The Non Believers?

I've seriously spent the majority of the morning looking up the meaning to these lyrics and really, they run the gamut. People believe cancer stories, to losing faith, to friendship being at the heart of the matter and in the end I guess it doesn't matter. (Unless La Rocca were to comment that it DOES in fact, matter VERY MUCH).

To me what matters is that this little diddy gets stuck in my head about once a month, particularly when I'm feeling like I need to get my ass in gear. To me, it has always meant "am I as good as the rest? Because sometimes, I feel less than," and in the grand scheme, we probably all do.

Please ignore the fact that One Tree Hill currently has a monopoly on this band and therefore, they might just be as bad as Chad Michael Murray's haircut in the first season. They are magical. And because of them, today I'm a believer.

No comments: