Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Crazy and Weary Heart

I was really trying to make it through my entire latest edition of Rolling Stone with the following goals:

1. Don't be hypnotized by Shaun White's hair or how much he really does look like Carrot Top. Also, try not to question why Rolling Stone is interviewing snowboarders of the Olympics. Roll with it.
2. Don't immediately run out and buy the top album off the "College Radio Hits List" on the back page. You're nearly homeless, Ashley. HOMELESS. That means no more toothpaste and a diet consisting of primarily cat food.
3. No matter how many times they mention it, don't get angry at the remake of "We Are The World." It was for a good cause and karma is a bitch.

Alas, alack, I am still angry at the We Are The World remake and I'm pretty sure Shaun White will be in my dreams tonight. I'm gonna run my fingers through those luscious locks of copper. That's right. I said it. LUSCIOUS LOCKS OF COPPER.

Despite all my hemming and hawing as I read the dreaded and yet loved Rolling Stone, I did come across one really great little two-page tidbit. Turns out Jeff Bridges doesn't really sing a whole hell of a lot in that movie he's being nominated for and this poor kid from L.A. who used to ACTUALLY BE homeless sings the theme song for Crazy Heart instead.

Swoon, swoon, I'm suddenly over my crush on Shaun White, swoon. This ain't no place of the weary kind. As the magazine puts it, "(it's) an elegantly wasted ballad about a troubadour who has drunk too much and spent too many nights strumming away in shitty bars" and frankly, my friends, if that doesn't scream out peace and hippy love, "All he needs is a harmonica and I'm game", I don't know what does. Why am I always attracted to the dirty and restless?

Because they're hot. That's why.

No comments: