Thursday, February 04, 2010

What Do The Unemployed Do?


We shop! It makes perfect sense that in a time when my weekly income is equivalent to what kittens make for creating smiles - sure I bring joy to your life, but I can't buy baked potato soup with it from Panera - that I spend money on even MORE needless items.

I'm sorry, did I say needless? I meant I absolutely had to have this with every fiber of my being. HELLO. It's a mysterious fingerprint. I mean, do you know who this could belong to? JUST IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES. It could be the fingerprint of a man who lived seventy five years ago that exchanged one with his true love when he went away to war (was there a war seventy five years ago?....I'm gonna go with sure) so that they would always have a piece of one another wherever they went except HE DIED and so she carried around this fingerprint close to her heart until she too passed on at a very old age, always faithful to that one man and now I have it! Now I will carry around the sacred fingerprint of ETERNAL LOOOVVVEEEE.

Crap. Reevaluating that has made me see how this could potentially be a bad luck fingerprint and lead to a life time of eternal loneliness and thai food on a couch with my cat. It could ALSO be the 'mysterious fingerprint' of Factorygrlashli, the chick who makes these pieces of fine jewelry I just can't live without. I don't care. I love a mystery and this necklace. And so many others.

1 comment:

factorygirlashli said...

I make a piddly living in my "real job" so it's exciting when people buy necessities from my shop. I'm glad you love this necklace, although I must admit I was looking forward to adopting it in case it didn't sell.

Anyways, I hope it doesn't bring you bad luck... but thai food with the cat doesn't sound that bad....