Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Protecting Your Shit


If it weren't for etsy.com I would probably spend the majority of my day looking at the latest celebrity websites, trying to figure out the awe and wonder that is this Snooki character. I mean...I don't get it. She makes one comment about a Bumpit and suddenly she's as famous as the next messiah.

Regardless, I can't read about her anymore, particularly since I saw a picture of her on TheSuperficial where she is totally making out with some homeless person and showing all of her bits and pieces. Shameful. I mean, I've done that too but seriously....doesn't make it any less shameful.

MOVING ON: due to etsy's wonderfulness, I would be surprised if I found a single item I had to own on any other website in the near future. Which means that if you can't stand the concept of handmade items crafted by talented women in the great U.S.A. for reasonable prices to boost our economic distress then you should probably skip my entries. And also, purchase this as soon as possible, you traitor.

I purchased this bag from JanineKingDesigns on etsy around Christmas of '08 because my mother, in a fit of Christmas bliss, bought all of us 17 inch laptops and it turns out that Walmart is less than agreeable in helping you tote that shit around. What's great about this bag, besides the fact that it's gorgeous, is that it seriously has protected my laptop against anything and everything. Tsunami's and the day that I left my back window open when going through the carwash included. The best part? She custom makes them for any type of computer or kindle or macbook or even tiny robotic baby you have purchased instead of risking having a real one. Which, frankly, I can't blame you for.

No comments: