Monday, January 18, 2010

Screaming Email

I woke up extremely late this morning to the following message in my inbox:

Subject: the music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON’T STOP IT COMING!!!!! ADDITCTED!!! MUST. HAVE. MORE!!!!!

Love you tons!

me

And I was overjoyed at my fanclub shoutings that I immediately went to my iTunes and began digging.
The following is some fanmade video for Swell Season which is actually the new Once band which is actually...Glen Hansard and Marketasklsief Slarvsaghasdres (sorry, Mar). I have a post coming in the next few days that involves Beth, myself and a 'bucket o'paint' as she so kindly put it to the person she was buying it from, but in the mean time this is the band we listened to nonstop during our hard work painting her room on Saturday and I had to share.

It is a simple song, really. It's repetitive and quiet but as Beth and I so equally gushed the other afternoon, there is something about the way that these two harmonize their voices that make us believe in true love and possibility. Which leads me to something I forgot to say the other day.

I remembered in the car yesterday while driving between my homes that I had one last Wish For You for the New Year that I had forgotten to express. Perhaps it's because it's the biggest of all and I wasn't sure how to approach it. Perhaps it's because it's my greatest endeavor for this year. For this decade. For my life.

Whoever you are...whatever you do...you deserve love. I need you to know that right now as one of my readers, as one of my friends. You have a beautiful soul. You have things about you that make you funny and attractive and special (not in a "quit eating the paste" special- thank you Rory Gilmore) and because you possess those things I only wish you the best in finding your other half.

My Wish For You #4: Be Loved. Love in return. Never settle. And while those seem like simple ideas that you'll come across in every Rom-Com you'll ever find starring Cameron Diaz and some unsuspecting bastard that she will likely scare due to her high energy sheer blondeness, it's true. It's undoubtedly true.

I hope to find the kind of love that you just can't live without and in fact, I want to hear those words. "I can't be without you," and if you're one of those folks who is freaked out by desperate measures and words of true love, you need to get over it now because true love is desperate and a little bit scary. Ok, a lot a bit scary. "What if I start to find his dirty underwear on my floor?" scary. Embrace it. Dwell in it. Take a long and steamy bath in it until your fingers are pruny with it.

Play this song when you find it and truly believe in the possibility that you were molded from the same parts - that your arms were meant to hold this other being and finally...FINALLY everything fits. Sure it's messy and there's fighting and neither of you are flawless but above all...above everything else at the end of the day, it fits.

And for the love of God, someone help me figure out how to spell this chick's name.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Beautiful <3