Thursday, January 28, 2010

She's Rich Enough For Better Writers

I've been raving about the Carrie Underwood CD for a few days now because, well, it's peppy and I'm bored. It's the kind of music you can put in on a Saturday when no one else is home (or if you're me and unemployed, EVERYDAY IS SATURDAY!) and jam out like nobody's business.

However, as upbeat and peppy and fun as it is, homegirl needs to speak with somebody about her music because, from what I can tell, six year olds who are reading Hop on Pop and have learned the basic essentials of rhyming are sitting in a room somewhere with pencil, paper and a writing prompter yelling "make it about love!" and then just let them loose.

For instance, I freaking love this song. But the words actually go:

"I'll move on baby just like you,
when the desert floods and the grass turns blue.
When a sailing ship don't need her moon..."

and so on and so forth until I'm pretty sure she's used every possible combination so she can warble "ooooooohhhh" for as long as possible. This won't stop me from listening to it, of course. I'm gonna play this CD until the dogs know all the words and then I can take them on Montel just like that dog who says 'I love You'. Except..you know, my dogs will say "I would not like them in a box".

No comments: